EUR – EPAL 1200x800mm pallets
The EUR-PAL 1200x800mm pallets play a key role in production processes and transport. They are able to bear loads of up to 4 tons in the case of static storage and 1.5 tons of working (dynamic) load. Therefore the EUR-EPAL pallet must comply with a number of standards set by the licensing authority - EPAL. Thus, a EUR-EPAL pallet consists of:
- 11 pallet boards of the first grade only, (sharp-edged, without blue stains, mould, bark or flakes),
- 9 sawdust or solid wood support blocks,
- 81 EPAL licensed nails,
- 1 licensed staple driven into the centre support block.
Why our EUR-EPAL pallets?
When buying our pallets you can be sure that:
- they have been made exclusively from the 1-st grade coniferous wood components,
- they have passed quality control at four different stages of the production process before being dispatched,
- they have been subjected to a drying process in one of our five modern drying chambers,
- the wood obtained for production comes from sources which are 100% legal and renewable.
Licensed producer of EUR-EPAL pallets
The certificate which is given to pallets, sets their standards not only in terms of external dimensions but also the dimensions of individual components. The markings also provide information on when exactly our pallet was manufactured and how it was manufactured.
It is worth noting that, since 1 January 2010, all EPAL type pallets must be fitted with a control staple on the middle support block. It should be remembered that also since then the production of this type of pallets has been under strict control by means of regulations - they have to undergo the ISMP15 thermal treatment. Thanks to fumigation, the wood is dried to a point where its moisture content does not exceed 22%. This process takes place at temperatures above 56 degrees Celsius for at least 30 minutes.
Such pallets are otherwise known as phytosanitary pallets and they can be safely transported to the EU countries as well as outside the continent. Fumigation ensures that any pests (different pathogens or parasites) naturally present in the wood are destroyed.